Monday, November 11, 2013

Consistent,slower and Steady to keep it off.

The ever changing body is just that, ever changing.



If you are the kind of person that needs to loose 15 or more lbs ever summer or every Christmas and you try a fad diet than this might help.  Every year we are only getting older and more fragile.....unless every year you are making your self stronger and fitter! Every day your body is either going to go in a good direction or a wrong direction.  If we shoot for quick changes then thats what we will get, fast off, fast on.  Then there are some of us who establish long term healthy habits that might not see quick results but will also not have to panic to loose 15 lbs before the next wedding.   I have seen a lot of quick solutions being advertised lately but shake my head every time.  Sure its great when people loose weight but sometimes that is not the hard part, keeping it off is.  I wish everyone of those people would show their picture three months or one year later after stopping their programs because their not realistic long term.

This my most recent pic.  the pic for my profile is from 5 years ago.  Healthy established habits; eating right, exercise, sleep, no drinking, no smoking.  Its pretty safe to say although I might fluctuate a few 5 lbs here and there I can predict what I will look like in another 5 years if I commit to living a healthy balanced life style.

My simple opinion and equation

1.Fad diet = loss of weight plus no long term exercise or dietary changes = more weight put back on or back to the fad diet 3 months later or one year later

2.  Healthy eating plus no exercise = healthier body but little muscle tone and weaker bones

3. Healthy eating plus exercise = stronger and fitter You with consistency on the scale.

4. Exercise plus unhealthy eating= stronger bones, more body fat, more weight fluctuation.

5. Jump start healthy diet plan plus habit changes plus exercise = keeping weight off, slower steady results.  Happy healthier YOU

Ask your self what are you?

I have experienced changes with my body the most during my life during pregnancies.  Although I don't like my weight changing it was easier knowing my body was at a good healthy state before, during and after.  I also knew that with some effort it could be strong again.

If you want your weight to be more consistent in an ever changing world then you need to dial in and commit to what is realistic for you and take control of the things you can.

What can YOU control?
1. Your food intake- fitness pal, what you buy at the grocery store, how many helpings, learn to cook in a healthy way and keep it balanced.
2. Sleep- do what you can and when you can do get more sleep.
3. Your spirituality-do something to appreiciate the higher power
4. ME time ( you time)
5. Activity level- more walking and less tv watching
6. Hobbies, interest- do something that makes you happy
7. Friends-find people that help you with your goals


No comments:

Post a Comment