Sunday, February 17, 2013

Vegetables on the Side Please!

I hope to help you find ways to add more vegetables to your plate

I love precut veggies to make life easier when possible.  Whether its a bag of broccoli slaw or shredded carrots keep some in the fridge.  In the past I would use broccoli slaw for a cold salad.  The other day I switched it up and sauteed the broccoli slaw in a little olive oil.  Only sautee for about 3-5 minutes on med, high heat.  After I removed from the pan I lightly coated with a house Vinaigrette dressing.  So easy and so good!









Roasting vegetables in the oven is really quite simple, tasty and healthy.  Cut vegetables of choice and make in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30- 45 minutes.  The harder the vegetable the longer it needs.  Variety in your diet will help you not to get bored and help you to learn what kinds of vegetables you like and how you like them best so experiment with different kinds.


 I have two dishes here, similar but different. Both dishes I prepared by peeling, cutting, and tossing the individual vegetables with olive oil and season all.   I used peeled sweet potato with zucchini and added the zucchini for the last 15 minutes.
 I used acorn squash in the picture below with peeled zucchini. Because the zucchini gets cooked faster I added it for the last 15 minutes.


Apple cider Slaw
2 Fugi apples chopped
1/4 cup Sunflower seeds 
 1 bag Broccoli slaw or coleslaw
1 cup chopped celery-if desired
1/4 cup slivered almonds


Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil 
1 tbsp truvia sugar

Mix and toss all together and enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment