Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Substitutes for your cravings





Substitutes for Cravings


I know a Rice Cake

I know rice cake does not amount to much, however with a touch of Laughing cow spread wedges and blueberries I can satisfy the action with out sacrificing calories.  Not an every day thing but is helpful.





So I was at a gas station and wanted a candy bar.  I almost bought a snicker bar until I saw this.  More protein, less fat, less calories.  Educate your self on your options and then you can make better decisions when you have the choice.  

This summer try to find ways to satisfy your cravings without all the indulgence.  







Instead of Ice Cream- -------Frozen Yogurt

Instead of Mayo         ------- Hummus

Instead of cheese  ----------Salsa

Instead of cream cheese------Laughing cow!

Instead of chips          -----  Popcorn

Instead of candybar   -------   granola bar

Instead of cookie    -------   cracker

Instead of pop    -------Flavored water

Something cruchy   -----   Carrots, sweet peppers

Instead of Sour Cream or Cream Cheese/cheese------- Try laughing cow Spread, less fat and less calories

While trying really hard to eat healthier I had some strong cravings the other day I wanted something crunchy, for lunch I had a salad with nuts and carrots in it.  This really helped me with the craving.

I also really like to have something after kids go to bed so here is what I try to do eat the healthier side. But the goal is not after 8:00pm

Yogurt with granola
pudding pop, light
natural Popsicles
Frozen Yogurt, Target Plain Brand is really good
Nuts
Kelloggs All Bran Crackers   ......These are really good
Emerald Breakfast to go packs
100 calorie packs whatever the content 

No comments:

Post a Comment